Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Xbox

Byron and I have, well had, two Xboxs. About a year ago we were given our second xbox by a friend who bought a new one. So, essentially, we each had our own Xbox. Sweet! I know. :) The xbox that was given to us had the Red Ring of Death. Our friend didn't want to wait for Microsoft to send him a new one, so he just bought one. He gave his "broken" one to Byron to fix, because Byron had been wanting to get his hands on one to mess with it. Long story short, Byron didn't fix it, and he tried to send it back to good ol' Microsoft to get a new one or get that one fixed and they wouldn't take it because he wasn't the original owner. Byron had a friend who had a friend (blah blah blah) who Modded xboxs and that would fix the Red Ring of Death problem. So we paid 20 bucks to get it modded. Now with it being modded we could play burned games on our xbox, and only pay $10 instead of $50! We still purchased regular games for our unmodded xbox, but purchased burned games for the modded xbox.

So, the whole point to my rambling is that our modded xbox was part of that ban by Microsoft. Yep, we no longer have two xboxs. Our nerdiness level has been knocked down a few notches. :) It's only the xbox that is banned, and nto out gamer tags, so I'm happy about that. But I do find it nice and convenient that Microsoft has banned somewhere between 600,000 and a million of xboxs right before the Christmas shopping season (so now people have to buy new ones), but right after the release of its major games (COD and Halo). Oh well, we don't care. We will not be running out and buying another, we had the second xbox because we could, and it was free!

Byron has to now learn to share his xbox with me, oh hell, who am I kidding, it's my Xbox that he's playing. I let him play it ;) He hogs it for COD MW2! He's like a level 20 something, and I'm still under 10!

While on this whole Xbox post, Call Of Duty MW2 is awesome! I loved the campaign mode, and so far I'm enjoying the online play. I can't wait to try Special Ops.

No comments:

Post a Comment